Smsways supports three different protocols:
Microsoft® Office® Mobile Service (OMS)
Microsoft® Outlook® 2007 & 2010 have a built-in feature which allows users to send SMS messages from their Outlook application. This task can be performed using smsways.dataways.gr OMS service.
Microsoft Office Mobile Service (OMS) is the messaging component developed for Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft SharePoint. With OMS, users can seamlessly integrate the mobile capabilities of Outlook and SharePoint with their mobile devices.
With the mobile messaging functionality that is provided by OMS, users can do the following:
- Compose new text SMS messages within Outlook.
- Forward Outlook items (including e-mail messages, meetings, and contacts) as SMS messages.
- Receive alert messages from SharePoint on mobile phones.
Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 is required to use OMS.
For more information also check out: Introduction to Outlook Mobile Service, Introduction to Outlook Mobile Service (Outlook 2007)
The smsways SOAP API provides programmatic access to smsways features and services. Developers can build custom applications, tools, and services that correspond to the same services and tools available through the main smsways website.
- Technology: The API is based on open standards known collectively as "Web Services," which include the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), Web Services Definition Language (WSDL), and the XML Schema Definition language (XSD). These standards are supported by a wide range of development tools on a variety of platforms.
- Security: The smsways SOAP API service is protected to ensure that only authorized smsways users use it.
- Access: In order to gain access to the SMS SOAP API, please contact Dataways S.A.
The smsways HTTP API provides quick access to the SMS delivery feature using a single POST or GET HTTP request.
- from - Sender ID
- key - the user's private key
- message - 70 characters for Unicode, 160 characters for GSM encoding
- unicode - values 0 or 1
- number - e.g. 306945123123
- ok - (When the request is sent successfully.)
- error - message - (When an error occurs.)